帖子 1
註冊 2016-6-24
用戶註冊天數 2873
發表於 2016-7-5 16:17 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
New York City
Credit: Chris McNamara" alt="New York City
Credit: Chris McNamara">
New York CityCredit: Chris McNamaraCan You Live in a Hotel?
Living in hotel used to only be for the rich and eccentric on the luxury end of the spectrum and the poor and eccentric on the budget end. On one side were Howard Hughes and Marilyn Monroe and on the other side were transients in the worst parts of town. But as travel has become more affordable and accessible, a new group has emerged: the traveler with a flexible work schedule or contractor who wants to live simply and see the world.
This article is not for someone who wants to live full time at the Beverly Hills Hotel. It's also not for a family of four or someone who really needs to show up at the office 9-5 every week. Instead,pegasus air nike, it's for someone (or a couple) who wants to see as much of the world as possible and live in as many different places as possible within a reasonable budget. I'm targeting people like myself: part of the growing number of traveling contractors who would rather live in the city they work in rather than commute back and forth to an expensive apartment they rarely get to appreciate. It can cost less to live in hotels and travel than to live in San Francisco,nike zoom rival md, New York or many other desirable but outlandishly expensive cities (see the cost estimates below).
Full Disclosure: I don't live 100 percent of the time in a hotel. I have a vacation rentals in Tahoe that I rent on AirBnb (Link to my other tahoe rental). However, I do spend about 75 percent of the time traveling.
How to Live in a Hotel
1. Get Rid of Everything You Have Not Used in a Year
This is a good idea even if you don't want to live in a hotel. If you haven't used it in a year, there is a 99 percent chance you don't need it. Now it just requires money and/or mental energy to store. Go to eBay, look up the item's value in recently completed auctions and decide if you want to sell the item or give it away. I wrote this online charity auction guide which has my eBay tips. If it's not worth selling, give it away to your favorite local non-profit.
Still not convinced you can or should get rid of all that stuff? Chris McNamara & Megan Sullivan in Machu Picchu, Peru. Both traveling around the world with only a carry on backpack.
Credit: Megan Sullivan" alt="Chris McNamara & Megan Sullivan in Machu Picchu, Peru. Both traveling around the world with only a carry on backpack.
Credit: Megan Sullivan">
Try going on a 3-7 day trip with just the following: 1 jacket, 4 shirts, 4 pairs of underwear, 1 pair of shoes, 1 pair of pants and a bathing suit. I think you will find that not only is it possible, it makes travel way more fun. You spend less time thinking about moving your stuff around and more time having memorable experiences.
2. Establish a Home Base… Or Don't
Even if you live in a hotel most of the time, <a class="fancybox" rel="fancybox-gallery" href="http://cdn.outdoorgearlab.com/photos/13/6/252103_13151_XL.jpg" title="Too much stuff or a potential home base otherwise know as a storage locker.
Credi